Cube Steak Recipe Contest Winners Announced
Thanks for so many delicious recipes
At long last, we are happy to announce the winners of our Diamond F Brand Beef Cube Steak Recipe Contest! We apologize that we are announcing several weeks later than we said we would, but we had such a difficult time choosing that we wanted to try the top place contenders more than once.
Such difficult choices / personal preferences
This was our first real recipe contest and we weren't prepared to judge so many exquisite recipes and compare then against one another. We all have our personal tastes, and in judging such a variety of recipes it's hard no to let them influence the critical analysis.
For example; For me, anything with wine and mushrooms has my interest immediately, but so does a good chicken fried steak. Therefore it's no surprise that our number one winner was Sarah Parkin's Cube Steak with Mushrooms and Red wine Reduction Sauce. Add to that the fact that the recipe for cooking the steak was basically a modified chicken fried steak recipe with egg and flour breading.
I would never have thought to do some kind of wine and mushroom sauce over a breaded, fried steak, but it's wonderful. So, would I be partial to a recipe like this? Absolutely! On the other hand Mike's not a big fan of olives and so a wonderful Greek recipe that was submitted wasn't as well received by him.
Substitutions we would make for our own use
In upcoming blogs we will be describing how we would modify the recipes with small changes like substituting olive or almond oil for vegetable oil and other substitutions we would choose over some of the commercialized name brands included in some of the recipes. While we tried to stay true to all of the recipes the one modification we did make was to substitute for the healthier almond oil when vegetable oil was called for.
Without further adieu, here are our contest winners:
- 1st Place: Sarah Parkin's Cube Steak with Mushrooms and Red wine Reduction Sauce. Sarah wins 4 Grass Fed Beef Filet Mignon
- 2nd PlaceJerry Poe's Sherried Beef Wraps. Jerry will receive 4 Grass Fed Beef New York Strip Steaks
- 3rd Place: Elizabeth Fulton's Cube Steak Parmesan. Elizabeth wins 10 Pounds Grass Fed Beef Cube Steak
- 4th Place: Nicolette Miller's Green Pepper Barbeque Cube Steak . Sarah will receive 5 Pounds Grass Fed Beef Cube Steak
- Tied for 5th Place: Sarah Parkin's Chicken Fried Steak with Cream Sauce
- Tied for 5th Place: Jerry Poe's Cube Steak Quesadilla
- Tied for 5th Place: Anna Lundquist's Chicken Fried Steak
- All 5th Place winners will receive a complimentary Membership to Grass Fed and Healthy
As you probably noticed we gave out 3 fifth place awards because we had such a difficult time choosing.
Congratulations to all