We had 16 entries, all of which were very good. It was so difficult to agree and decide upon the winners. Some that I liked best didn’t even make it onto the leader board, and that was the situation with all our judges. (Taste is a very subjective thing)!
The judging was done by: Mike McNeil, Mona Syring, Kelly McNeil, and Heersink, and me. Meatloaf prep was done by: Mona Syring, Kelly McNeil, Theresa Edwards, and me. We made up the meatloaf ahead of time and then froze it. All meatloaves were thawed and reheated on the day of judging.
On “judgment day,” September 9th, we all got together at our house, reheated the meatloaf, and sat down with several bottles of good Pinot Noir, and had a great time tasting all of the entries.
- Our first place winner was Diane Nemitz’s Green Chile Meatloaf.
- Second place was given to Thomas Faglon’s Healthy Meatloaf.
- Third place went to Cheryl Perry and her Garden Meatloaf with Carmelized Ancho Carrot Sauce recipe.
- Fourth place was awarded to Wolfgang Hanau for his recipe for Healthy Meatloaf.
- The fifth place holder was Michaela Rosenthal for her Healthy Meatloaf recipe.
We also offered two special awards because, while these recipes didn’t win the top five places, they were outstanding enough that all the judges thought they should be recognized.
- The first special award went to Mary Metsker for Best Flavor for Ease of Prep.
- The second special award was given to Jasmin Baron for Most Unique.
You can find all the winning recipes together in our Hamburger Recipes department page.
Congratulations to all our winners!
No related posts.